Department of Engineering Physics ITS produces competitive graduates, proved by several parameters in the survey of ITS Student Advisory Center (SAC). The annual survey given to every alumnus during few years after their graduation. Total respondent from Engineering Physics is 108 respondent.
About 83.91% of total respondents graduates on time (8 semesters, 4 years) and the rest (16.09% ) graduates in time less or more than 4 years. The percentage of students who graduates on time in Engineering Physics is relatively higher than the percentage in Faculty of Industrial Technology (FTI) and ITS.
The following graphic describe the waiting time for an Engineering Physics respondent to get his/her first job, with comparison to FTI and ITS students in common. The Job-seeking process can be started since before or after graduation. The average waiting time for Engineering Physics, FTI, and ITS students that started job-seeking before graduation is between 2.9 up to 3.5 months. For those who start job-seeking process after graduation, the waiting time varies a lot. It can be concluded that Engineering Physics graduates has short waiting time, about 1.6 up to 2.5 months.
After graduating, students have many choices they can pursue, for example working at a company, continue their study into higher degree, having their own startup, or combined. The percentage of who is working are between 66% up to 72%. This number is higher than FTI and ITS graduates. The respondents who choose to not working or continue study tends to have lower number, between 22% and 27%, with Engineering Physics graduates at 26% from total alumni. On the other side, 2.74% of Engineering Physics graduates started their own business
The percentage of Work-Study suitability in Engineering Physics is 64.81%. this number is relatively low compared to graduates of FTI and ITS in common, namely 77.21% and 72.91%. The percentage determined from the graduate who work at the same field as learned during college.
The processing industry, and procurement of electricity and gas are two fields that mostly chosen by the graduates of engineering physics with the percentage respectively 24.07% and 20.37%. Other fields chosen are construction and building, scientific, technical, and professional service, also education widely chosen by some graduates of FTI and ITS.
The Department of Engineering Physics successfully deliver its graduates to work at various fields, proved by some alumni who took a career path in forestry, mining industry, monetary and insurance service, and many others.
Most Engineering Physics graduates who works, joined in national-scoped company, both government or private sector. It reaches the percentage of 53.7%. The same phenomena happen to the graduates of FTI and ITS. A fewer number (29.63%) of graduates works in multinational company, higher than FTI or ITS. The rest, about 16.67% choose to work at local companies, developing their areas.
Most respondents to the survey work as staff, with the highest percentage of 71.43%. However, the survey did not specify at what stage (junior staff, senior staff, specialist, etc.) the graduates are working. Some other (14.29%) already running higher clearance at the company, becoming the director, manager, or even the owner of the business.
Generally, respondents who graduates on time has higher monthly income than those who don`t. The average monthly income for Engineering Physics alumni who graduated on time is 6.1 million rupiahs, higher than FTI or ITS alumni. Meanwhile, for those who graduated for more than 4 years, has average monthly income of 3.6 million rupiahs. The difference of monthly income in Engineering Physics is affected by graduation time, although in FTI and IT’S THE difference is not so significant.
DEPARTEMEN TEKNIK FISIKA Fakultas Teknologi Industri dan Rekayasa Sistem Gedung C dan E, Kampus ITS, Sukolilo Surabaya – 60111Phone: (031) 594-7188WhatsApp Official : 082140886932Email: firstname.lastname@example.org