KFPE's, Learning Events Programme for Researchers from Developing Countries (supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, SDC)
Aims & rationale
Learning events enhance the educational, scientific and training comptencies of individual researchers as well as their research institutions. KFPE's learning Events Programme supports researchers from developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America involved in research partnership with a swiss institutions and promotes interdisciplinary and intercultural learning.
Swiss institutions and/or their partners in developing countries are invited to submit proposals for the learning events. Learnng & training content should include soft skills, theories, methods, integrated approaches, thematic specialisations and inter- & transdisciplinary working methods.
A first call was launched in 2013, a second one one in 2014 and third one in 2015. For the forth call the total avaliable amount is of CHF 100.000 CHF and will be allocated to 3-5 projects.
Applications may be submitted until 1 April 2016. A decision will be taken within six weeks.
– For this call : learning events must take place in 2016
– Final reports of the event must be submitted until end of November 2016.
– Applications must originate from a swiss research/educational institutions or a partner institutions in a developing country. Applicants from developing countries must provide a letter of support from the head of the swiss partner institution. All adminsitrative issues must be coordinated by the Swiss Institutions ( e.g. contract, money, transfer, reporting etc. )
– Applicants must show that the proposed learning event is embedded in a research partnership project of programme.
– Applications must explicity focus on learning for researchers from developing countries and promote exchange between researchers from Switzerand and their partners from developing countries in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
– Supported researchers must hold a graduate degree (master level) or Ph.D students or Post Docs from Africa, Asia & Latin America.
– Learning Events must last from a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 1 month
– Applicants must ensure that the learning event can be finaced if only part of requested funding will be approved by KFPE.
– Local costs for participating students and trainers from developing countries (e.g. accommodation, food, excursions, local transport) will be covered by the grant. Tavel costs for researchers from developing countries to the learning events are also financed.
– Costs for participating students from Switzerland (e.g. travel, accommodation etc.) have to be borne by the students themselves or their home institution.
– A share of the costs for the preparation and realisation of the learning events events is also covered. As a rule of thumb, costs are covered proportionately to the ratio of participants from developing countries, independent of the location of the learning event (global south or Switzerland)
– Description of the activity (3-5 pages)
a. Focus, goals and target groups of the learning event
b. added value or learning effect for participants, including the exchange between researchers from different countries
c. number of trainess
d. organisational issues ( e.g. involved organisations, responsibilities, etc)
e. program outline
– Letters of support and/or interest by both a swiss institution and a partner institution in the global south (max. one page each)
– A short CV of the main the applicants, including a list of recent publications; maximum 2 pages in length
– Detailed budget plan showing other contributions (in-kind and/or cash) accepted and request made to other funding organisations
upon realisation of the learning event, a fact sheet of 2 pages must be produced for publication on KFPE website. Learning & teaching materials will be made accessible via the KFPE website where copyright allows.
Applications will be selected for funding by a review committee consisting of KFPE members. There is no right to appeal the decision of the committee.
Applications should be submitted electronically to the following address :
KFPE / SCNAT
House oft Academies
P.O.Box 3001 Bern
Dear ITS Students, University of Queensland (UQ) and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) have joined forces to create
Dear ITS Students, The 2024 K-GKS (K-Global Korea Scholarship) Guidelines for Master’s and Doctoral candidates in Korea are here!
Dear ITS Students, We are pleased to inform you about the second call for applications for the doctoral
ITS Global Engagement, Global Kampong Building,
Kampus Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember Surabaya
Phone: +62-31-5994251 ext. 1224
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com