Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
The Korean Government invites outstanding students who are majoring in the fields of science and engineering at the universities and colleges of the 10 ASEAN countries. This training program is designed to provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea.This program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country. Students who are interested in this training program are welcome to apply.
Chosun University (CU), South Korea in one from five (5) universities who got mandate from Korean Government to held this program. CU will held training related with "Mechanical Engineering, Welding Joining Science & Engineering" please check the complete syllabus at this link Module Syllabus
Host organization of thos program are National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea. Period of this program is July 10 – August 11, 2017 with total participants only 24 ASEAN students. NIIED and/or CU will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance. The selected participants should cover visa fees & personal expenses by themself.
Introduction to the overall program
Networking with participants
Specific field of study
Korean language, history and culture
Experiment at the
Conduct specific research projects along with mentoring
from Korean graduate students
Related laboratories, research institutes and/or industrial sites
Cultural or historical sites
Presentation of research results
Awards to the outstanding performances
Formation of Alumni network
a. The program will be offered in English.
b. Students will stay in university dormitories 2-3 persons per room, mostly Korean food will be provided).
c. The program staff will be with students during the whole program.
d. All lectures/events for this program will be mandatory. Participation during the weekend may be required.
e. It is desirable that students make efforts to understand Korean language, education, culture and etc. by visiting NIIED website (www.studyinkorea.go.kr) before arrival in Korea.
– Eligibility for ITS Students
a. Indonesia Citizen
b. Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate of ITS student who majors in :
– Mechanical Engineering (For Lintas Jalur only eligible for batch 2015)
– Engineering Physics (For Lintas Jalur only eligible for batch 2015)
– Material Engineering
c. Be fluent in English * Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
d. Be mentally and physically healthy
e. Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
f. Each applicants only can apply in one field of 2017 GKS ASEAN SCIENS
The Selection Process;
– Internal Selection by ITS International Office
– Documents Selection by CU & NIIED
– if you pass the documents selections, you will be invited for an interview by CU. Interview will be conducted by skype or phone (based on the result documents selection)
For ITS students who interested with this program. Please prepare the documents below :
– 2017 Application form for GKS ASEAN Science Engineering (please write Chosun University in University Section and Mechanical Engineering, Welding Joining Science & Engineering in Field Training section). Please complete all the sections including photos with white background, study plan, research plan & recommendation letter.
– Scanned Passport Information Page ( Valid minimum 12 months)
– Certificate of Enrollment
– Official Academic Transcript in English Version
– Scanned Valid Proficiency English Level Test ( TOEFL / IELTS / EFL )
– Korean Proficiency Level Certificate (if any)
– TB & Medical health certificate (You will submit after selected as the participants)
The incomplete application can't be processed by study abroad Team. CU only received applications who apply from ITS International Office. The ITS students can't apply directly to CU,
For ITS Students who interested with this program please kindly send all of your documents in PDF format to Mr. Wahyu at email@example.com with subject : GKSSciens_Chosun_Name_NRP maximum on April 30, 2017 (23.59 WIB). You must bring the original Academic Transcript in English version complete with stamp & signed at Interview Selection ( around 2 – 5 May 2017 )
If you have questions about this program, please send an email to Mr. Wahyu at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject : ASK_GKSSciens_Chosun
ITS Global Engagement, Global Kampong Building,
Kampus Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember Surabaya
Phone: +62-31-5994251 ext. 1224
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org