Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
The Korean Government invites outstanding students who are majoring in the fields of science and engineering at the universities and colleges of the 10 ASEAN countries. This training program is designed to provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea.This program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country. Students who are interested in this training program are welcome to apply.
Gyeongsang National University GNU), South Korea in one from five (5) universities who got mandate from Korean Government to held this program. GNU will held training related with "Mechanical, Aviation & Information Convergence Engineering".
Host organization of thos program are National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea. Period of this program is July 4 – August 12, 2016 with total participants only 24 ASEAN students. NIIED and/or GNU will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
Introduction to the overall program
Networking with participants
Specific field of study
Korean language, history and culture
Experiment at the
Conduct specific research projects along with mentoring
from Korean graduate students
Related laboratories, research institutes and/or industrial sites
Cultural or historical sites
Presentation of research results
Awards to the outstanding performances
Formation of Alumni network
the detail of this program can be found in this link GKS ASEAN_GNU Module
The list topic for research Research Topics
a. The program will be offered in English.
b. Students will stay in university dormitories 2-3 persons per room, mostly Korean food will be provided).
c. The program staff will be with students during the whole program.
d. All lectures/events for this program will be mandatory. Participation during the weekend may be required.
e. It is desirable that students make efforts to understand Korean language, education, culture and etc. by visiting NIIED website (www.studyinkorea.go.kr) before arrival in Korea.
a. Be a citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countries*
* Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
b. Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate (S1) and the second or the third year (D3) who majors in :
– Mechanical Engineering
– Material Engineering
c. Be fluent in English * Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
d. Be mentally and physically healthy
e. Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
The Selection Process;
– Internal Selection by ITS International Office. ITS International Office will choose only 4 best nomination from all applicants
– Documents Selection by GNU & NIIED
– if you pass the documents selections, you will be invited for an interview by GNU. Interview will be conducted by skpye or phone.
How to apply :
Please prepare the documents below :
– Application form for GKS ASEAN SCIENS (please write Gyeongsang National University in University Section and Mechanical, Aviation & Information Convergence Engineering in Field Training section). Please complete all the sections.
– Scanned Passport
– Certificate of Enrollment
– Original Academic Transcript (not photocopy) in English Version with signature's Dean & stamp from BAAK ITS
– Original TOEFL (not photocopy & you can use EFL)
– Korean Proficiency Certificate (if any)
– Supporting certificate (if any)
Please submit all of your documents to Mr. Wahyu at International Office, 1st Floor of Rectorate ITS Building maximum on 26 April 2016 on 12.00 WIB. The internal selection from ITS International Office will conduct around 27-29 April 2016. ITS International Office will send all selected ITS Students documents to GNU. if you have any questions regarding this program please contact Mr. Wahyu at email@example.com with subject 2016 GKS ASEAN SCIENS
ITS Global Engagement, Global Kampong Building,
Kampus Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember Surabaya
Phone: +62-31-5994251 ext. 1224
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com