Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
OFFICE/LOCATION : Public Affairs Section /U.S. Consulate General, Surabaya
DURATION OF PROGRAM : 4 Months (May – August 2016)
WORK HOURS : Not to exceed 20-hours/week
SALARY : Not applicable
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Consulate General Surabaya welcomes applications from currently enrolled university students with a strong background in visual arts, graphic design, video and communications for its new volunteer student internship program. This internship program is one part of the overall U.S.-Indonesia partnership that strengthens people-to-people ties with Indonesia’s student population. The entire program will start in May 2016 through August 2016. This is an unpaid program; no compensation and benefits are offered. The intern will be provided with a certificate and a performance evaluation at the end of the program.
The PAS internship programs will be focused on written communication, outreach materials production and audio and visual production and designs that support all PAS program (exchanges, EducationUSA, alumni, etc)
Interns will have an opportunity to participate in assisting the PAS section of the consulate in its outreach programs throughout the Consular district. The main priority is to digitalize all PAS program (record, edit, publish, design). The interns would work on developing material for MyAmerica space programming and social media including but not limited to our YouTube account, Flickr, Twitter and Facebook. They would also assist with the cultural affairs assistant with programming, preparing exchange participant materials, and setting up educational outreach programs. The interns will also work with the Information Assistant on social media and also assist with press summaries, releases, media invitations, and social media outreach. Certain administrative assistance duties will also be involved.
1. A currently enrolled students in an undergraduate university student who has been selected by the partnering university to join the internship program
2. Minimum 18 years of age at the time of the internship start
3. Strong ability in written and oral English.
4. Familiar and able to operate video camera and have an adequate knowledge on video editing
5. Familiar and have good photography skills
6. Able to use adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator; adobe premiere and after effect
7. Good communication skills, creative, team player
8. Strong academic record; minimum GPA 3.3
9. Must have strong knowledge in visual arts, graphic design, video and communications
10. Must have personal medical insurance coverage during the program
11. If selected, must agree to complete a medical checkup (paid by the U.S. Consulate General) and a standard security background check and receive the U.S. Consulate General’s security certification and medical certification prior to start the program.
Selected students will apply by submitting the following:
· U.S. Embassy Application for FN Student Intern
· Statement of Interest.
· Written permission and official transcript of academic standing from university.
· Signed Gratuitous Service Agreement
· Confirmation letter regarding personal medical insurance.
· Documentation proving legal resident status (for non-host country foreign nationals).
Complete applications must be submitted to by FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016
By E-mail to: JKTrecruitment@state.gov and firstname.lastname@example.org
All documents must be included in your application. Incomplete applications will be discarded.
Selection and Offer
Once all personnel procedures are completed, then preliminary selection(s) are made. The Human Resources Office will send an official letter extending an offer to participate in the program to all those selected. This letter will include information on the position, the dates of the program and the work location. Final selection is contingent on passing both the medical and security checks.
Security and Medical Certification
Before commencement of the internship, students selected for the internship program must pass a background check and receive a security certification granted by the U.S. Mission Regional Security Office. Also, the student must complete medical examinations and receive a medical clearance certification granted by the U.S. Mission Medical Office.
For more information, please email email@example.com
ITS Global Engagement, Global Kampong Building,
Kampus Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember Surabaya
Phone: +62-31-5994251 ext. 1224
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com