Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) is a legal entity State University whose existence is regulated in the government’s regulation of Republic of Indonesia number 54 of 2015 concerning to the Statute of ITS.
Article 3 Act (3) Statute of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember :
The goal of ITS inresearch actively has role in the development of science and technology, especially in the fields of marine, environmental and residential, energy, as well as environmental insight of information and communication technology through global-quality research activities.
Article 21 Act (1) to (4) Statutes of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember :
- ITS conducts basic research, applied research, development research, and/or industrial research that is directed to produce innovations that benefit the education and excellence of the nation.
- Research is developed both independently by ITS and collaboration with institutions, business entities, and/or other organizations both locally and internationally.
- Research activities are carried out in the form of mono-discipline, multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, or transdisciplinary.
- Research activities are carried out by adhering to academic norms and ethics in accordance with the principles of scientific autonomy that refer to the vision, goals, and objectives of ITS, as well as the provisions of the legislation.
Further provisions regarding research policy are regulated in the Academic Senate Regulation of the Sepuluh November Institute of Technology (ITS) Number 2 of 2017 for Research Norms and Policy of ITS. (Download here)
Article 2 Act (3) Academic Senate Regulation of ITS Number 2 2017 :
The purpose of conducting research:
- Actively acting in the development of science, technology, and art, especially in the fields of marine, environmental and residential areas, energy, information, and communication technology, which has environmental insight through international quality research activities
- Providing relevant and high-quality contributions in the development of science, technology and art for technological self-sufficient, institutional needs, national and international development
- Developing research that refers to national strategic needs, the sustainability of resources possessed and increased global competitive ability
- Developing research as a means of developing ITS human resource competencies in order to increase profession alism
Article 3 Act (4) Statutes of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember :
The goals of ITS in community service is to utilize all the resources which has to participate in solving the problems faced by society, industry, the central government, and local governments by promoting information and communication technology facilities.
Article 26 Acts (1) to (4) Statutes of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember :
- ITS organizes community service in the form of service, empowerment, and/or cooperation with the community in accordance with the norms, ethics, and in accordance with the academic competencies they have.
- Community service is carried out by ITS individually and/or in groups to apply science and technology along with research results in efforts to empower the community, develop industries and regions, promote general intelligence, and educate the life of the nation.
- The results of community service are used to enrich learning and research and the development of science and technology.
- Further provisions regarding the implementation and utilization of the results of community service are regulated by the Rector’s Regulation.
The Community Service Policy is regulated in the Academic Senate Regulation of ITS Number 3 of 2017 concerning Community Service Standards and Policies of ITS. (Download here)
Article 2 Act (2) Academic Senate Regulation of ITS Number 3 of 2017 :
The purpose of organizing Community Service :
- Utilizing the results of research and the resources they have to solve problems faced by the community, industry, central government, and local governments by promoting information and communication technology facilities
- Providing relevant and high-quality contributions in the application of science, technology, design, and art to national and international development needs.
Related File :
- Government Regulation Republic of Indonesia Number 54 of 2015 concerning the Statute of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember
- Regulation of Academic Senate of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember Number 2 2017
- Regulation of Academic Senate of Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember Number 3 2017